Love One Another

If we truly love someone then we will want to serve them, with our whole heart and soul. We wont care what others think. Even if it means others laugh, judge, or criticize us for how we do things.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

What am I doing today????

So far today, I have done the dishes and worked on logging in receipts for our budget. Both of which I hate doing but they both must get done at least once a month. Otherwise we wont have any dishes to eat off of (I could go get paper and not do my dishes) but then that would be 1 more receipt added to my pile. The receipts have to get off the top of my desk because I can't find the fun stuff on it.
As usual I have gotten derailed from what I was just doing and decided to work on my this blog. I was writing the soldiers that I send stuff to. I was writing and the letter got a little dull, so I decided to go hunt down a joke or two to add to the letter. That is how I got here (really it is). I found a funny joke to share with you all (yall).
I thought this was FUNNY! Maybe because we are retired Navy and our son is Army. I dont know, I just thought it was funny.

Having passed the enlistment physical, John was asked by the doctor, "Why do you want to join the Navy, son?"
"My father said it'd be a good idea, sir."
"Oh? And what does your father do?"
"He's in the Army, sir."

Here is another cute one..

While my son was on board the Navy carrier USS George Washington, the air wing was busy with training missions. After talking to a pilot, one air-traffic controller accidentally left his microphone on and remarked to a nearby buddy, "That guy sounded just like Elmer Fudd."
The airwaves got strangely quiet as everyone listened, realizing that the pilot had also heard the comment. After about ten seconds, the pilot broke the silence by announcing, "Be vewy, vewy quiet. We are hunting submawenes."

Okay, I am done with this for awhile. If I come with anything else I will be sure to let you know. Thank you!

No comments: