Love One Another

If we truly love someone then we will want to serve them, with our whole heart and soul. We wont care what others think. Even if it means others laugh, judge, or criticize us for how we do things.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Surprise Mom!


I had decided to stay home all day yesterday. I was going to go get groceries since we are so out of food. Then my husband called and asked if I would like to met him for dinner. I was going to say no and even Corbin didn't want to go. He knew we were going to the cigar shop and eat. Doug purchased food from Hasta La Pasta.

While having dinner with Carol, Mike, Doug, and the kids,I decided to text Dustin. I had not talked to him in 2 days. Which was okay because I knew he was staying busy. (He was driving people around base or where ever they needed to go). Well at least I thought he was. Now I am not real sure what he was doing. So my text message said "I miss you alot today. Luv Mom". Then he texts me right back saying "I can't talk right now I am picking someone up at the airport. Call you later". I texts message back saying "Okay : ( ". During this whole time Doug was getting phone call after phone call. When we went to get our food the girl at Hasta La Pasta said "Bye Doug, dont forget to call me." I didn't think anything about it.

After we done eating, Douglas got another call. Then he told me to come into the humidor with him. I was thinking I dont want to go in there. As a good wife should, I went in to show interest in what he wanted to show me. He said he wanted to show me a cigar Dustin was just telling him about. We were in there a little while. Then, Mike came to the door and waved. I thought he was leaving so I waved back, but then so did Doug. I came out and turned the corner. I saw Wes and my Mom sitting there. I went to ask them what they were doing there and then I noticed Dustin sitting in one of the big black leather chairs. (Okay give me a break, he was in his ACU's. He was camouflaged). I didn't scream or cry. I think I was to shocked and to happy to do either.

When I cam out of the humidor, Bailey was saying something but I thought she was talking about Grandma and Grandpa, I was only half listening. What she was saying was "Dustin! Dustin!" What a bad Mommy! Not listening! Sorry Bailey.

Everyone had managed to keep a secret! Good job guys. What a great surprise!!!! Thank you all for being part of it.

1 comment:

Tony Rosenberg said...

Yea!!!!!!!!!

Welcome home, Dustin!!!!!!