Love One Another

If we truly love someone then we will want to serve them, with our whole heart and soul. We wont care what others think. Even if it means others laugh, judge, or criticize us for how we do things.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Just thinking....

It has been so much fun having Dustin home. We have really enjoyed ourselves. Monday we went bowling, which was lots of fun. Yesterday we just basically hung out together. Monday night we all went to a park in Sealy and walked/ran and played at the play ground. Each night we play Xbox or Xbox 360 and then watch movies. I really miss just hanging out with him. Everyone makes fun of how much Dustin and I talk on the phone. However, one day I finally figured out why we do. He is one of my best friends. We have been through so much together. We have grown in Christ together. I think him being in the Army has showed us or at least me alot about our relationship. One night before Dustin came home, Douglas asked me why we talk so much. That is when I said it out loud, "Next to you he is my next best friend." (The whole time I was crying). Doug thought that was a little strange, I think because he and his mother dont have this kind of relationship. At the same time we were talking Miami Ink was coming on. Chris Nunez is one of the artist, he talks alot about his relationship with his mother. Well, that night a big tough looking guy came in and wanted his mothers name put over his heart (and no she is not deceased). He just wanted to show his love for his mother and thank her for staying strong with him. Chris tells him how cool that is because his best friend is his mother. The big guy proceeds to tell Chris the same thing. That made me feel so great. I said "See Doug it is okay." Well this brought up a great but tearful conversation (not about Dustin). It was just very cool.
Back to my stroy. Last friday I went to the Woodlands with Dustin. After he was done at the office we went shopping for him a few things. As we walked about we had person after person stop him and tell him thank you for serving our country. One older man stopped him and asked he(Dustin) was a real solider. Dustin said "yes" and the man said thank you and shock his hand. Dustins head was thinking "No, I just like playing dress up!" Funny! Glad he didn't say it out loud (not that he would have). I thought it was so nice of these people to be brave enough to talk to someone they dont know. Very cool! Each time I thought it was cool but each time it brought a lump to my throat and a tear came to my eye. It was cool to little kids point and say "Mommy there is a real Army guy." The reality of it all is setting in more and more each day. I am proud but scared all at the same time. I am glad he will be stationed at Fort Hood, we will get to see him often. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.
Thank you for reading my rambling. Have a great day.

1 comment:

Tony Rosenberg said...

And, you have every right to be a very proud mom :)