Love One Another

If we truly love someone then we will want to serve them, with our whole heart and soul. We wont care what others think. Even if it means others laugh, judge, or criticize us for how we do things.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Biggest Loser

I started watching reruns of the biggest loser about a year ago I believe. (If you dont know this, the older you get the more time you lose.) I have really enjoyed this show alot. I love the idea behind the show, the transforming of these peoples lives is just plan awesome. The cool thing is is that it not only transforms the contestants life but it also transforms their family members life. I pray it breaks the poor eating habits of the whole family. This show also has the potential to stop the cycle of food abuse. It is very encouraging to me on several different levels. It makes me really think about my lifestyle and how I eat. Which by the way is not good at all. My eating habits change according to the amount of money we have for food.

This season is the biggest season yet. The contestants this season are the heaviest people they have had on the show. The other night I watched the premier show for this season. Watching these contestants talk about themselves and how they got to where they are today, is very interesting. This time we have 2 ex-models on the show. Ex-models? Why and how did they get so big? The youngest contestant they have had is on the show is one of the largest in the history of "The Biggest Loser", very sad. The biggest contestant they have this year is over 400lbs and is a young man. I was in tears listening to this young man. He and all the others really need intervention and prayer. The show is providing the interventing and we can provide the prayer.

I sat watching this show in tears. I was happy and sad all at the same time. Seeing these very young people so over weight was very disheartening to me. Knowing they are basically suffocating themselves with fat. However, listening to them after the second weigh in and seeing the excitement in their eyes when they realized how much weight they had lost in only a week. You could hear in their voices that they had renewed faith in their own ability to lose this weight.
My prayer for these contestants and all the ones before them, is that they really have made the change and are still working on this to this day. I would hate to know that they go back to the way they were after losing so much weight and are bigger than ever.

This season they started a website for the viewing audience. You can sign up and share your weight loss with other people. Check it out and take them up on their challenge at www.biggestloserclub.com. They are giving 3 books away for free when you sign up for the challenge.

No comments: