Love One Another

If we truly love someone then we will want to serve them, with our whole heart and soul. We wont care what others think. Even if it means others laugh, judge, or criticize us for how we do things.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day 31 HALLOWEEN

WOW! this month went by so fast. Before we know it will be Thanksgiving and then Christmas. INSANE! The month of Down Syndrome Awareness is over today. What do I want to share with you?
Being a parent of a baby with Down Syndrome seemed so overwhelming to me and my husband. First is was what are we doing? Do we know what to do? Can we do this? It is hard enough knowing you might screw up a "typical" human. But to screw up a child that doesn't know you have screwed them up....
Being a parent of a child with Down Syndrome seemed so overwhelming again. This time its: Am I doing what is right for her or society? Am I making sure she has everything she needs to be successful in life?
Being a parent of a young adult with Dawn Syndrome is also overwhelming. I have just started this part of my life. I biggest question is: Should I make sure she has friends outside of family? Should I get her a social life? On and On...
I have some many more concerns than I ever had with my oldest child and so far with my youngest child...
If you are a parent of a special needs child please don't overwhelm yourself because it will all be good for your family and that is all that counts...

No comments: