Love One Another

If we truly love someone then we will want to serve them, with our whole heart and soul. We wont care what others think. Even if it means others laugh, judge, or criticize us for how we do things.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 19th

I have decided to share my thoughts with yall....
Having Bailey at first was confusing, no one I knew had a child with DS. What am I going to do with her? We didn't have myspace, fb or cafe mom. All I got from the Dr. was a book on DS. Not to say that was not helpful but it doesn't prepare you for the near death stuff we have gone through....The school and learning stuff we had gone through...Just the different life stuff that we have to overcome daily....I have to say that I believe there is no book in the world that would or could prepare you for the life you will have with a special needs child...All of the accomplishments she has made and will make are so rewarding to her and us....The first time she rolled over, sat up, crawled and walked for the first time....Some of them even made me cry....Not to say my other kids accomplishments were not exciting, just a different excitement...Sometimes a long awaited excitement for the special need child......
I never had the thought why me...My thought was why her, why not me? I would have been more than happy to have taken the DS for her...Then, at 5 days old she almost died on us and I started asking God to please let her stay and I would take the best care of her I knew how....I pray that he is proud of the job we have done.....We have been doing our best everyday of her life....
I would not have it any other way!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Beautiful post! What kind of near death experiences has she had and why did you almost lose her at 5 days old?

Lori said...

Bailey was born with one messed up intestinal tract. She started becoming toxic from being backed up. I had taken her to the dr's office the day before only to be told that it was typical of DS babies to foam at the mouth. The next morning I took her into the Naval hospital, who in turn called the dr and chewed him up one side and down the other. He proceeded to tell the NH that he was in a meeting. YAY! They started telling him that if he didn't go to the hospital asap Bailey could be dead. Well, long story short she did not die. No thanks to her baby dr.

She has done many crazy things like locking herself in a plastic tote.

She has dehydrated severely many many times.

I could go on and on....

Becca said...

Our kids are pretty darn amazing, aren't they? I have learned so much from my daughter. Very nice post, Lori. I'm so glad Bailey's intestinal issue was caught quickly! Typical for babies with Ds to foam at the mouth? Oh, geez. Unbelievable. This just goes to show that as grateful as I am for them, there is SO much doctors still need to learn.