Love One Another

If we truly love someone then we will want to serve them, with our whole heart and soul. We wont care what others think. Even if it means others laugh, judge, or criticize us for how we do things.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Date Night!





Okay, I have tried to publish my blog 3 times. I have done 3 stupid things and now has decided to type in Microsoft Word first. This way I don’t lose thing again.

My husband and I had a date night last night. It started out rough but ended good. Anyway, we went to see Michael Medved talk about his new book tiled “The 10 Biggest Lies about America” at The Houston Baptist University. This is not a political book it is a history book. I haven’t read it but it seems like it is going to be a good one. I plan on reading it with Corbin daily. So when we are done I will tell yall if it is good or not.

I had several first last night.
1. Michael Medved is a Jewish man and was speaking at a Baptist University. Only in this great country can this happen. He is much taller than I expected him to be. He was very personable and funny. By the way he spoke a lot about Christmas, in a good way. He even talked Christianity in a good light.
2. IT SNOWED HERE! Off and on all day. It wasn’t just a little bit or for a little while. We live in the southern part of Texas. It is not suppose to be cold let alone SNOW here! What is up with that? Is it global cooling? Maybe we should rethink talking about global warming at all. I HATE THE COLD!
3. The biggest first for me was we met 2 mean last night while standing in line waiting to talk to Michael Medved and getting his signature. They were not just ordinary men. They were gay/conservative/republican and Mexican. I had heard some gay men call into some of the talk radio shows but I had not met one in person. WOW! That was a first on so many levels for me. I should have asked them their thoughts on guns. Douglas being a man had no clue they were gay. I think he thinks all gay men are flamboyant. He thought one was older than the other making them Uncle or Dad to the other. NOT! They were very nice and interesting.
Anyway that was our date night in a nut shell.



No comments: